Do you belong in this day and age? Do you feel comfortable being a citizen of the 21st-century? If you do, explain why — and if you don’t, when in human history would you rather be?
When I was ten I made some calculations and I concluded that I would be too old to enjoy the 21 st Century. I was going to turn the milestone at 40!. When the moment arrived I found myself with surprise plenty of strength to face the new Century. By the way, wasn’t so terrible the change, was it? At the end, one day after another, and the life going on like before.
So I’m a citizen of two Centuries. I lived through the Cold War to the fall of the Berlin Wall during the last Century. Then, just at the beginning of this one, 9-11 happened, and our lives changed again. A new kind of war entered the history.
I began my professional career as a journalist with typewriters, pen and paper, and type recorders and now I’m working with computers, tablets and smartphones connected 24/7 if I want. Maybe someone is watching in behalf of National Security, thanks to the new communication technologies (or a hacker is watching with who knows what purposes, by the way). But these same technologies make me able to connect with all of you and so many other people, something I enjoy every day.
We have seen amazing scientific and technical advances, as well as horrendous plagues and disasters in our world.
The poor remain poor, some of the rich are richest.
We are in times of changes with all the unrests around the world, some trying to topple tyrannies, some asking for social justice, some fighting fundamentalism.
But new kind of wars, moments of changes, revolutions had happened before. Is part of the history of the humanity.
This is why I would not go to another moment in human history. This is my age. There are a lot of good things in this world. Above all there are a lot of good people. I have to do whatever is in my hands to make this world better now and here, beginning with what is around me.
Opinions by other bloggers
- Daily Prompt: 21st Century Citizen – show us MODERN. | masadiso79’s Blog
- Daily Prompt: Modern | Books, Music and Movies : my best friends
- 21st Century Citizen | Geek Ergo Sum
- Daily Prompt: 21st Century Citizen « Mama Bear Musings
- Abandoned, but for the sun and moon above |
- 21st Century Cat lives
- Catherine B.’s Blog | 21st Century Woman | Daily Prompt | Modern
- Product of my environment | Musings of a Suburban Creampuff
- Daily Prompt: 21st Century Citizen / Modern | Postcards from
- RUSSIA’S REWIND | Standing Ovation, Seated
- Daily Prompt: 21st Century Citizen | Under the Monkey Tree
- Daily Prompt: 21st Century Citizen | brent’s iPhone 4S & japan
- I Could Be King And Drive a ‘49 Packard | The Jittery Goat
- Back When I Was Young: Movie theatres were BYOF | DCMontreal
- 1984… | thoughtsofrkh
- What is Modern to You May Not Be Modern to Me [Daily Prompt: 21st Century Citizen] | unknowinglee
- Born in the wrong decade | chaotic keyboard
- Imagination fodder | I Didn’t Just Wake Up This Morning with a Craving
- 21st Century | thelissachronicles
- 21st Century Citizen: Uncomfortable Me | Khana’s Web
- Daily Prompt: 21st Century Citizen | Faraziyya
- Daily Prompt: 21st Century Citizen | iChristian
- Lydablogger | Being Modern – I Belong
- Lydablogger | Being Socially Modern
- “Can I borrow a cup of cornmeal..” | Relax…
- Daily Prompt: 21st Century Citizen | The Educated Illiterates
- Modern Moonlight | clarior e tenebris
- Daily Prompt: architecture of the now | r | one studio architecture
- Modern Woman: Daily Prompt | BLUE BEAD PUBLICATIONS
- The Feast half over | A Teacher’s Blog
- I don`t belong in the 21st Century | Joakim Knudsen Photography
- Life: Past, Present, Future | meanderedwanderings
- 21st Century Citizen | Strings of Life
- I’m where I’m meant to be | Random Encounters of an Inquisitive Mind
- How My Phone Is Changing Me | Self-Help for Creatively Deprived
- This is my age | Vivir, que no es poco
- 21st Century Citizen | Lit and Scribbles with Jae
- Comfort in the 20th or 21st? That is the question | tornin2’s Blog
- Daily Prompt: 21st Century Citizen | Chronicles of an Anglo Swiss
- 21st Century Boy? | Notes from a gay mentalist
- Daily Prompt: Citizen of Today | My Blog
- Daily Post: I Can Not-Belong Here As Well As Anywhere | Iam Who Iam
- A Modern Question | windandlaughter
- Daily Prompt: 21st Century Citizen | bloobloons
- Daily Prompt: 21st Century Citizen | Stormie Kent’s Musings
- Daily Prompt: 21st Century Citizen | writinglikeastoner
- Daily Prompt: 21st Century Citizen|Austen | Discovering Myself
- Daily Prompt | 21st Century | A woman of my time | thechymeeradiaries
- Another era | Spunky Wayfarer
- Daily Prompt: Time is the Answer | One Starving Activist
- Daily Prompt: 21st Century Citizen | Diary of Dennis
- Daily Prompt: A Modern View San Francisco | Slam on the Brakes, Pull Over, Take the Picture
- 21st Century Me? | Mind My Mind But…
- Daily Prompt: Life Confused–Technology Geek Longing For A More Simple Time | Reclaiming My Narnia
- Party with the Gatsby | Thriving Pessimist…
- just beacuse im bored | vision’s from my life
- USB Cigarette | Zemo’s Blog
- In Past. | ayimas
- Daily Prompt: 21st Century Citizen: I Love on the Internet | Inside the Mind of a Crazy Cat Lady
- DRUNKEN SPIRITS | hastywords
- Daily Prompt; 21st Century Citizen | terry1954
- Daily Prompt: 21st Century Citizen | Vagabond
- To Wish Impossible Things | a former clarity
- 21st Century Soul | Compass & Quill