When my father was sick I was with him in the hospital one night he had a crisis he almost died, but the doctors saved him. When he began to feel bad he asked me to call the doctor and to help him pray, he was aware he could die. I did what he asked me. Next morning, he was better and we were talking about what happened. He asked me:
– Were you scared?
– And you?
– Don’t be scared because I’m not afraid of death
I was scared and I was, I’m afraid of death. I thought about how confident was my father on prayer, how big was his faith in God and how far away was I from him.
He died peacefully, surrounded by all of us, holding my mother’s hand. It was the saddest moment of my life but full of peace because he was at peace.
I learned the importance to have your conscience at peace each day of your life in everything you do, as my father did, no matter how difficult could be.
Now, reading his diaries I can see that in his troubled and difficult life it was not easy at all, but he struggled and he won the last battle. My life is very easy in comparison. I have to learn to live with the same faith and integrity in my circumstances, because I want to die as my father did: with peace.
PS: I already wrote a post about my father diaries: “Fighting hate” in which I describe another moment of learning. He is not around any more but he is still teaching me with his example. Thank you, dad.
- The Bankrupt
- We Can Be Taught! | Geek Ergo Sum
- Mercy | Chagrinnamon Toast
- Daily Prompt: We Can Be Taught! | Books, Music and Movies : my best friends
- Daily Prompt: We Can Be Taught! | My Blog
- Nuggets of Self-Awareness: Moments & “School” | just another outlet
- Pak Mie |
- If you keep on long enough, you’ll get there…. | The Rider
- We Can Be Taught! – The Fly & I | Khana’s Web
- ‘OSITETI Primary School’, Maasai Mara, Kenya | Chicomallorca’s Blog
- What Was Your Biggest Mistake as a 20 something? | BLUE BEAD PUBLICATIONS
- daily prompt : show us LEARNING | bodhisattvaintraining
- Daily Prompt: We Can Be Taught! Really? | Mindful Splatter
- Learning = Living! | It’s a wonderful F’N life
- Daily Prompt: We Can Be Taught! | Under the Monkey Tree
- Musings of a Sleepy Dreamcatcher | just another outlet
- A Square Pet In A Round Hole | The Jittery Goat
- ONE HOT MESS | hastywords
- What I “Learned” While Traveling This Week | The Bookshelf of Emily J.
- You Live, You Learn [Daily Prompt: We Can Be Taught!] | unknowinglee
- “You Can Do This!’ | Zeebra Designs & Destinations
- Friday Fast One – Learning | Tommia’s Tablet
- Daily Prompt: We Can Be Taught! | Quirky Brunette
- She wasn’t a bitch, and neither am I. | Other than Lovie
- Daily Prompt // learning | simplylifestuff
- Daily Prompt: We Can Be Taught! | Chronicles of an Anglo Swiss
- Daily Prompt: We Can Be Taught « Mama Bear Musings
- I can be taught … (I’m not an old dog yet) | theconsciouswriter
- Daily Prompt: We Can Be Taught!|My Confession | Discovering Myself
- Great Teacher… | Haiku By Ku
- Daily Prompt: We Can Be Taught! | Lines by Linda
- If Nothing Else | clarior e tenebris
- Patience…Please…. | Nanuschka’s Blog
- Don’t be afraid | Vivir, que no es poco
- Daily Prompt: I Don’t Wanna, But I Know Need To | Reclaiming My Narnia
- Lost, Alone, and Leery of Strangers | Iam Who Iam
- Hunting Skills « Getting Rid Of Boredom
- Daily Prompt: We Can Be Taught! | New Lease–Same Hope
- “I wish I hadn’t worked so hard.” | I Didn’t Just Wake Up This Morning with a Craving
- Daily Prompt: We can be taught! | Exploring Utah with MS and Apples
- The Good News: I Am Not Dead…Yet | This is your real mother speaking…
- Zen and the art of introspection | Rob’s Surf Report
- Get a Bigger Plate | Red’s Wrap
- We Can Be Taught | The self sufficient single mother
- Glenn’s Moment (Short Fiction) | meanderedwanderings
- The Lie That Changed My Life | Lewis Cave
- The meaning of the world | Relax…