You step into an acquaintance’s house for the first time, and discover that everything — from the furniture, to the books, to the art on the wall — is identical to your home. What happens next?
– Please, make yourself at home.
– Nothing easiest. Everything is so familiar… You even have a cat, like my little Gomiguan.
– What a coincidence!, his name is also Gomiguan. How did you choose such a name?
– Is a long story. What about you?
– It was the name of the imaginary friend of my baby sister long time ago.
– That’s impossible. It was the name of the imaginary friend of MY baby sister. No way we both have the same weird story. And why are you wearing the same clothes I’m wearing today?
– I was going to ask you the same question.
– I’m not feeling well. Can I go to the restroom?
– I’ll show you the way
– No thank you. I know my way.
Once in the restroom, I open the cabinet and I find a toothpaste and a toothbrush exactly as I left them at home minutes ago. Even my facial cream is there with the same stain in the jar that mine has.
I’m scared. Where am I? Who is this woman who opened her door so kindly to me? Why she has everything I have?
In my way back from the restroom I see the library’s door open. I enter. All is exactly like at home. When I enter a library I usually look first at the books. But this time my eyes get immediately fixed in a framed picture on the desk. It’s my father’s photo! That’s not a mere coincidence. Here there is something more going on.
– So you discovered everything!, she says laughing and staring at me coldly from the door.
I turn scared with the photo in my hands. I look at her face. She has transformed. Now she looks exactly like me!
I run to the restroom. I look at the mirror. I see my reflection. I don’t recognise myself. I’m now blonde and fat. Just like her when I arrived. I’m crying. Who am I?
I wake up. What a nightmare!